LAB BLA BAL
Performances, encounters, workshops
Our LAB BLA BAL events are a series of regular rendezvous in which we approach dance differently, sharpening our gaze and creating the opportunity for exclusive encounters with artists of multiple disciplines, in a friendly, informal setting. The majority of the events take place at the CCN-Ballet de Lorraine unless otherwise announced.
Some of them are developed in partnership with other cultural structures in Nancy and around the region.
LAB/ SALONs include dance, current music and street art. They are live performance events that immerse the artists and public in the ephemeral act of creation.
To make sure each encounter remains unique and distinct, the CCN brings in different visual artists and musicians for each event. These are festive interactive occasions, best shared with a nice glass of something in hand.
In partnership with LE MUR Nancy.
With the support of the Conseil départemental de Meurthe-et-Moselle.
• • •
Our open rehearsals allow visitors to experience at close hand the intimacy of the work being done by the choreographer and their dancers. Interactive, they are often accompanied by exchanges with members of the audience.
Running time: 1 hour
Fee: free (reservations obligatory: call 03 83 85 69 08)
• • •
- Thursday September 28, 2017 at 7:00 PM : open rehearsal of La BaZooKa
- Thursday October 26, 2017 at 7:00 PM: open rehearsal of Miguel Gutierrez's creation
- Thursday January 25, 2018 at 7:00 PM: open rehearsal of KAYAK, creation by La BaZooKa (Etienne Cuppens and Sarah Crépin)
- Thursday February 1, 2018 at 7:00 PM at the Centre Les Ecraignes in Villers-lès-Nancy: open rehearsal of Compagnie Dyptik
- Thursday May 17, 2018 at 7:00 PM: open rehearsal of Compagnie Ormone
- Thursday June 28, 2018 at 7:00 PM: open rehearsal / conference of Compagnie Institut des croisements (Arkadi Zaides)
Workshop and courses On Danse
The ON DANSE (“We dance”) workshop and course series allow participants to physically explore the universes of the artists working at the CCN – Ballet de Lorraine. They are open to all, 16 years and older, and incorporate all levels of dance training.
Running time: 2 hours
Rate B (workshops) and Rate B' (for courses)
• • •
- Wednesday September 6, 2017 from 6:30-8:30 PM: workshop ON DANSE with Cheryl Therrien (based on Merce Cunningham)
- Wednesday September 27, 2017 from 6:30-8:30 PM: workshop ON DANSE parents – children with Sarah Crépin and Etienne Cuppens (compagnie La BaZooKa)
- Wednesday October 4, 2017 from 6:30-8:30 PM: workshop ON DANSE with Miguel Gutierrez
- Wednesday October 18, 2017 from 6:30-8:30 PM: workshop ON DANSE with Aurélie Gandit
- Wednesday December 6, 2017 from 6:30-8:30 PM: workshop ON DANSE with Camille Mutel (compagnie Li(luo))
- Wednesday January 10, 2018 from 6:30- 8:30 PM: workshop ON DANSE parents – children, based on KAYAK with La BaZooKa (Etienne Cuppens and Sarah Crépin)
- Wednesday January 31, 2018 from 6:30-8:30 PM: workshop ON DANSE with Souhail Marchiche and Mehdi Meghari (compagnie Dyptik)
- Wednesday February 7, 2018 from 6:30-8:30 PM: workshop ON DANSE with Françoise Leick (compagnie Maguy Marin)
- Wednesday March 28, 2018 from 6:30- 8:30 PM: workshop ON DANSE with Pierre Pontvianne (compagnie Parc)
- Wednesday April 11, 2018 from 6:30-8:30 PM: workshop ON DANSE with Michael Loehr
- Wednesday June 6, 2018 from 6:30-8:30 PM: workshop ON DANSE with Aurore Gruel (compagnie Ormone)
For an entire evening, carte blanche offered to the dancers of the Company, allowing some of them to create their own original choreography. Expect to be pleasantly surprised.
- Thursday and Friday, June 14 - 15, 2018 at 8:00 PM
The Caméo cinema in Nancy offers films which “echo” the programming at the CCN‑Ballet de Lorraine. Certain screenings include a Q&A session with the audience.
- Monday November 13, 2017 at 8:00 PM
- Sunday February 25, 2018 at 10:30 AM (family screening)
for more info and prices:
16, rue de la Commanderie à Nancy
© Tim Douet
AN ENCOUNTER WITH MAGUY MARIN
Saturday October 7, 2017 at 11:00 AM
Under the auspices of Exp.Édition 2017, the Dance Biennial Grand Est, the choreographer Maguy Marin will speak about her latest creation, which we supported under the Accueil Studio program.
Led by Olivier Neveux.
Running time: 1 hr 30 mn
Admission is free, but reservations are required: 03.83.85.69.08
Création 2017 by Maguy Marin
Presented at the CCAM de Vandoeuvre
- Thursday October 5, 2017 at 8:30 PM Sold out
- Friday October 6, 2017 at 8:30 PM Sold out
- Saturday October 7, 2017 at 7:00 PM Sold out
- Sunday October 8, 2017 à 15h00 Sold out
Lecture by Irène Filiberti about Maguy Marin
Wednesday October 4, 2017 at 6:00 PM at the Médiathèque Jules Verne de Vandoeuvre (2 rue Malines)
Admission is free – 03.83.54.85.53
50th ANNIVERSARY DINNER-PERFORMANCE
Friday June 1, 2018 beginning at 7:30 PM in the grands salons of the Hôtel de Ville in Nancy
The CCN – Ballet de Lorraine is organizing a gala dinner in the grands salons of the Hôtel de Ville in Nancy: an exceptional evening to celebrate the 50 year anniversary of the company.
Information and ticket prices on the page Dîner-spectacle des 50 ans.